Login to Complete an Application or to Access the Judging Panel. Previous users may use the same login used in the past.
★ This is TSPRA's third year using an all-online submission and judging system. We make some changes each year to include new categories and improve descriptions of categories.
★ Register to enter online by creating a login or use the same login as last year. You may create one login that everyone in your department may use so that all entries may be on one invoice.
★ Since everything is submited electronically, be sure to read the instructions! Some categories require multiple uploads.
★ You may stop and start the entry process, edit or delete entries waiting to be judged up to the deadline.
★ There is one new category this year - the Education Good News Campaign which shows how you garnered good media coverage for your district, foundation or oganization. Here you can include URLs of videos made by outside sources covering your campaign/event.
★ Two of the video categories which traditionally receive the most entires have been split into two additional categories, creating more opportunities to earn an award. Video General Interest/Feature Story and Promotional/Marketing are now General Event, Feature Story, Promotional and Marketing. Be sure to read these new descriptions so that your entry fits the criteria.
★ Judges will judge and submit their evaluations online where you will read and download them later.
★ A gallery of Gold Star winners and Crystal and Platinum entries will be available online the day after the Star Awards Celebration. There will not be a pysical Star Awards display at conference since we do not receive physical entries.
★ Entry fees have not changed.
Official Rules and Instructions
Who may enter
Only TSPRA members who have paid their 2018-2019 dues by October 31, 2018 are eligible to enter and have their names on an award. Do not include any names of non-TSPRA members on entries.
Entries may be submitted starting Thursday, September 27, 2018 with the deadline to enter being Monday, November 12, 2018, 11:59 p.m. CST.
Do not ship or bring entries to the state office. Everything must be submitted online.
Invoices and Payments
Invoices are created when you enter. Payment is due by December 12, 2018 or your awards will be forfeited.
We do not accepting credit cards for Star Award payments so plan to get your invoice paid as soon as your entries are submitted.
What to submit
• Work that fits the category criteria and was produced and used by an educational institution (district, association, foundation, university, education service center, etc.) between July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018 may be entered. If the entered work can not be evaluated because it was not completed during that time frame, for example an bond election, event, etc., then it is not eligible for an award this year, but can be entered the following year.
• Submit as many entries in as many categories as you wish. You may enter multiple entries in a single category.
• Submit each entry electronically using the online system where you will upload files and/or submit URLs, depending on the category.
• Submittal requirements vary depending on the category. Carefully read the individual category descriptions for details on what you need to upload.
• No entry which earned a Best of Category in the previous year is eligible to be re-entered again this year. By that, we mean that it can not be substantially the same entry. For more information, contact the TSPRA State Office.
• Judges may re-categorize an entry. Entries that fail to follow guidelines may be penalized or disqualified by the judges. All judges' decisions are final.
Print, Video, Electronic and Campaign categories are judged in three divisions. Divisions are based on the number of students a district, foundation, service center or organization serves as of May 1, 2018. TSPRA affiliate members who are private consultants and/or their companies that do work for a district, foundation or education association, will base their entry's division size on the number of students served by their client. The divisions are:
• serving less than 10,000 students
• serving 10,000 to 30,000 students
• serving more than 30,000 students
Crystal and Platinum categories are not judged by divsions.
NOTE: If there are less than three entries in a particular category's division, those entries will be moved to the next higher or lower division.
Types of Awards
• One Best of Category medallion may be awarded in each of the three divisions in a category selected from the highest scoring Gold Star awards.
• Unlimited Gold, Silver and Bronze Star awards may be awarded in Print, Video, Electronic and Campaign categories.
• Only one Crystal Commendation and Platinum award per category will be awarded.
• At the judges' discretion, Certificates of Merit may be awarded to worthy runners-up in the Crystal and Platinum categories.
Crystal and Platinum Awards are sponsored by:
The Objective Sheet is a series of online questions. You can prepare these answers in advance and copy and paste them into the fields. This information is extremely important to the judge since your work is evaluated not only on creativity and skill but on its success at achieving your stated goals and proven results.
All entries must:
meet eligibility and deadline requirements
be entered in the correct category, following the proper procedure
indicate what copyrighted materials you have used.
If a judge questions your statement, you will be contacted for proof of copyright.
Entry Fees for 2017 Star Awards
★ $35 Print Entries (Categories 1-27)
★ $50 Video, Electronic, Web and Campaign/Event Entries (Categories 28-45)
★ $65 Crystal Commendation Entries (Categories 46-55)
★ $75 Platinum Entries (Category 56)
1. Look at the categories and criteria for entering. Then gather your work and prepare your electronic or URL entries, following the category instructions.
2. Get all the information needed for each entry: contact name and email; division size; name of entity for the award; title of the entry for the award; names of TSPRA members who worked the entry.
3. On September 18, set up login and password for the award site OR if you entered last year, use the same login.
4. Follow the online entry process. Stop and start as you need to.
5. Submit all entries no later than 11:59 p.m. CTS, November 12, 2018.
If you need assistance, please call the TSPRA office at 512-474-9107.